Sunday, March 7, 2010

As of today...

Okay. Here's a list of what I have finished as of today.

The Enchantress of Florence
Through the Wardrobe
The Magician's Nephew
The Silver Chair
Forest Born
Stop in the Name of Pants
Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea
Julie and Julia
An Assembly Such As This
Inkheart
Ender's Game

That's 11 books in January and February.

I'm half way through Duty and Desire (book two in the Fitzwilliam Darcy novels) and I've started several others (Coraline, The Actor and the Housewife, The Book Thief and The Outsiders). I'm pretty happy with my pace, but hoping to get the ones I've started already finished this month.

Inkheart was great, although I don't know if I could have read the whole thing for this challenge. I'm glad I found it on audio.

I LOVED Ender's Game. I shouldn't be surprised by this since I'm pretty sure I know a lot of people who at least really liked it. It was another audio book, but I think that enhanced it a lot for me. I found myself sitting in my car after arriving to where ever I was going and listening. I loved the narrator's voice for Ender and I loved that they used several different narrators for which ever character's point of view was being read. I got a little frustrated toward the end, but still loved the book.

2 comments:

mkgs said...

I also LOVED Ender's Game when I read it... last year? It may have been the end of the year before. Also, the guy who narrates it is the guy who apparently does all of Orson Scott Card's books--at least, he did Empire, which was also fantastic. I love his voice, somehow he just sounds right for Orson Scott Card's books. Isn't Ender's Game amazing though? The second one is also really good, but that's as far as I've read in the series.

Lin said...

Megan told me to read Ender's Shadow, which is Ender's Game from Bean's POV, and I'm not opposed to the idea...but it's like a gagillion pages. haha. I would love to find it on audio, if only to listen to more of that narrator.

 
Designed by Lena