Tuesday, October 30, 2007

And One More Thing

I've bought a few books lately that I'm kind of excited about, and here's why: I never buy books on sight. This has changed recently, but the way I used to be, I'd go to Barnes and Noble like five or six times and look at a book before I'd buy it. Then I'd go home and look it up online, to find out if I'd like it. This, I think, goes back to when I was little, and my parents wouldn't buy me books because they said I finished them too fast. So I went to the library all the time and became paranoid about spending money on a book if I wasn't sure I'd like it. This is no longer the case. This book, called Plain Language, was just sitting in the bargain books section of the bookstore. It was three dollars, I thought it looked interesting-- so I bought it. End of story.
But the book I'm the most excited about is called A Mango-Shaped Space by Wendy Mass. I was first attracted to it by the cover, so I picked it up and read the first chapter. I had to buy it. It's about a girl who sees things like numbers, letters, and sounds in color, and so far that's all I really know. I'm excited to read the rest of it, and look at that cover! Doesn't it just make you want to read it? Also snuggle a cat. An orange cat. Which is deceiving, since the cat in the book is actually gray. But he has orange eyes, and an orange aura to Mia (the main character). Also, more points for the book-- recommended by both Meg Cabot and Judy Blume.
I use the word also a lot. Have you noticed this? I don't think I made clear in that last post HOW MUCH I love The Truth About Forever. It's so good. I'm almost finished with it and I'm sad but can't put it down either. I'm going to have to read more Sarah Dessen after this to get my fix, although I'm a little sad because according to Megan the rest of the books won't be QUITE this amazing. But I'll find something else, right? I mean, that's why we love reading so much. No matter how much we read, there's always something else.
Okay that's all. I love all of you. The end.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena