Monday, October 29, 2007

Things, Things, and More Things

Preliminaries
1. Lindsey, you are hilarious. I love sharing a blog with you because you say things like "get thee to a library. Seriously." Vair vair amusant.
2. I think, being the blog creator, you're the only one who can do the currently reading list the way you have it. We (or at least I) have only posting privileges, which do not extend to editing the format of the blog, and I don't know if you have the power to give us said formatting privileges. Probably the best we can do is post our lists, and if you wanted to you could get them that way and put them on the blog yourself. But they probably change so often that it would be more a pain in the butt than anything.

Meatloaf
Here's the adolescent lit scoop. I read Loser by Jerry Spinelli and I loved it. I also read Just Listen, by Sarah Dessen. I loved this one. I am now reading The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen, and I think I like it even more than Just Listen. I LOVED Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson. Loved it. I also read Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli, and Holes by Louis Sachar. Stargirl was great, very happy hugging-bunnies kind of feeling. Holes wasn't as amazing a story, but I really liked the way it was written. It goes back and forth between Stanley, the main character, and his "dirty, rotten pig-stealing great-grandfather," and at first the stories seem kind of random but then as the book goes on you start to see the connections and eventually they come together at the end. Really cool.

I was going to write about some other things I've been reading but it turns out I have to leave the SWKT now (where I've obviously been working hard) so I will probably leave it here. Moral of the story: adolescent lit is way cooler than homework. The end.

3 comments:

Lin said...

haha. thanks miricakes. i'm glad you like my spazziness.

Lin said...

also - have you not seen the Holes movie? if not, it's awesome. i love it. i loved the book when i was younger though. it is a great book with clever connections.

Miri said...

i have not seen it. i kinda wanted to just because i like shia labeouf, but now i want to again.

 
Designed by Lena