Thursday, October 18, 2007

books I want to read after my trip to the bookstore today . . .

If you read my post on my blog today, you'll know there were several books I wanted to buy at the BYU bookstore today. I thought I would post them here so we can all think about how awesome they are.
First, the one I bought:

I'm super excited about this book. Annie Dillard has the most amazing prose - it makes me want to be more awesome.
Next, the books I didn't buy, but wanted to:





Since I'm still in the middle of Atonement and I'm trying to read Dracula for the Papercuts, I couldn't quite bring myself to buy anything new besides the essay book (and I was being good) but these all look so exciting to me!

4 comments:

Lin said...

i am excited for new shannon hale too. but i am trying to be good and finish what i have before buying new books.

are you finding atonement is a slow read?

Megs said...

I actually love Atonement, it just takes a little more work to get through - it isn't as fast as an adolescent novel. It's harder when I have limited time/energy. I do love it though.

Lin said...

i love it too. it's just taking me longer. maybe because i'm going out more than i was...

there are parts i get really into and other parts that take a little longer. i am definitely enjoying it though.

Anonymous said...

That reminds me, I have to bick up Robin McKinnley's book from the library where it is being held for me. Yeah!

 
Designed by Lena