Tuesday, October 30, 2007

just a thought...

as I was renewing my train wreck of a social life last night I came upon a strange realization and I am wondering if I am the only one who feels this way.

let me elaborate. this summer I worked a lot. it's pretty much all i did. i was in a social rut, among other things, and didn't really have anyone around to get me out of it. so i read books. lots of them. HP7, Eclipse, Just Listen, Hitchhikers Guide..., etc. i went home at night and i read. there was nothing on TV to distract me and most of the time i needed the quiet and relaxation reading affords. now, as i find that my times for reading are fewer and farther between, when i am out doing things i think i MISS my books. i am reading three great books right now (with three more on the back burner and an ever growing list of "must reads") but can't seem to find the time to lay back and finish one.

does anyone else find that they miss the characters they are being introduced to when they are away from a book?

do you go out with a tinge of lingering regret because you REALLY want to know what happens next?

do you get home, too tired to even go through your pre-bedtime rituals, and still find yourself considering a late-night rendezvous with some fictional characters?

well, that is what is happening to me. hopefully my upcoming trip to Utah will get me over this hump and I will be able to finish at least one of the books I am currently reading. wish me luck!

1 comment:

Miri said...

Yes. Case in point: it is now 2:46 am. I'm exhausted and have been so for days now. I have a midterm to turn in tomorrow that is nowhere near finished. I've turned off the overhead light and my lamp so that Megan could sleep. And yet I'm so tempted to pick up the cute little hardcover Pride & Prejudice I bought the other day almost entirely because of how cute it is. I'm restraining myself from picking up A Mango-Shaped Space, which I'm really liking. And if you saw the stack of books I have on my side of the nightstand--wow. You wouldn't believe it. I don't believe it myself. But you CAN believe that I understand, because I sure do.

 
Designed by Lena