Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Children's Book Friday - now with more Tuesday!


This week's (or last week's rather) book is The Lorax by Dr. Seuss. An oldie, but a goodie. I was addicted to Dr. Seuss as a child. I did a report on Theodore Geisel in elementary school. I also created a shadow box based on The Lorax. It got me a spot on a local public access show where the girl who spoke before me licked the mic, making me extremely aware of germs and therefore reluctant to hold the mic anywhere near my mouth when it was my turn. But really, what's better than a rhyming book full of silly things that also teaches you about the dangers of technology, taking care of the planet and appreciating the world around us? Nothing. Well, maybe chocolate.

So, if it's been a while, pick it up. It's still entertaining, I promise.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena