Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Shannon Hale


If you haven't read a book by Shannon Hale, get thee to a library. Seriously.

The first book I read by her was Austenland (thanks to Megs). It's about a woman who immerses herself in the world of Jane Austen in order to break away from her addiction to Mr. Darcy. It's a quick, fun read. Not really something I would call a classic, but entertaining nonetheless.

Then it was onto Goose Girl and The Princess Academy. These two books were amazing. Books I want my little girls to grow up reading and fall in love with. They are sort of fairy tales I suppose. But they are both written so well. Also, the main character in Princess Academy is named Miri which gives that book 10 extra points.

Now I am reading Enna Burning. This isn't exactly a sequel to Goose Girl more than it is another story about a character introduced in the first book, Enna. I got in bed last night and said, "I'll just read the first chapter." Five chapters later, I had to force the book closed and get some sleep.

There are two more books (Megan mentioned one in the previous post), River Secrets and Book of a Thousand Days. I can't wait to read these two. I know they will both be great.

So there's a newish author for you. Amy, I am sure you would love these books especially.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena