Tuesday, January 5, 2010

10-10-10

Okay, I guess it's my turn to post my category list. I think I'm also going to include a few books that I've already listed in those categories so that I can remember them, and then I'll refer back or add things.

My tentative categories are as follows:

-Books I own but haven't read.
-Books I'm embarrassed that I haven't read or that I started and haven't finished.
This includes a couple of Jane Austens, Crime and Punishment, Les Miserables, Heart of Darkness, Invisible Man, Brave New World and a few others.
-Books written by authors who aren't British or American.
Yes, I'll be counting Anna Karenina.
-Nonfiction (including biographies and memoirs)
Includes the Wilberforce biography I just got, Endurance, possibly a biography of Victoria and Albert, something by David McCullough, and The Year of Magical Thinking.
-genres I don't usually read
This will give me an excuse to read Interview with a Vampire. 
-Megan/Lindsey/Miri category
-Recommended books
This will include These is My Words, which at least 3 different people have drooled about to me.
-Books adapted to movies
I want to read The Painted Veil and could always through those Jane Austens in there. Plus I always have the option of throwing in some Agatha Christies if I run out of time at the end.
-Authors I've never read
-Either award winners or something in a category like postmodern or modernist books.


 I reserve the right to change these or juggle things into other categories at any time to serve my own nefarious purposes. I also reserve the right to pad things with short stories if I come up short at the end, but I'm hoping Tolstoy won't put me behind enough for that to be an issue.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I also have several Austens in my list...I love her but for some reason I can never motivate myself to start. Luckily I don't have that problem when it comes to finishing. I'm excited to read 1776 and I totally think that audiobooks count. I liked Les Mis and Heart of Darkness was good, and short which is nice when you have huge books like Les Mis in your list, too.

Maroussia said...

It will be great to watch Les Miserables, i have bought tickets from
http://ticketfront.com/event/Les_Miserables-tickets looking forward to it.

 
Designed by Lena