Monday, January 4, 2010

Lindsey's Challenge Categories

When Miri mentioned doing this on her own blog and then later asked Megan for category suggestions, it got me interested. Granted, it doesn't take much to get me interested in anything these days. Also, I hardly read any books in 2009 - in fact, I think the grand total is like 15 or something. I haven't read that little since I was in college. Mostly I was all depressed and retreated into a world of TV and movies, which wasn't bad, but I'm ready for my brain to get some more exercise.

So here we go. 100 books. 10 categories. The categories I have chosen are as follows:
  • Books I own but haven't read
  • Recommended by others
  • Young Adult/Children's Lit
  • Adult Fiction
  • Biographies
  • Authors I have never read
  • Megan/Lindsey/Miri (a predetermined list of 10 book we will all read)
  • Books with movie adaptations
  • Books for the blogject (self-improvement)
  • 10 things written by J.D. Salinger
That last one is a little bit of a cheat because I will probably count his Nine Stories as 9 actual books...mostly, it's been on my list of things I would like to read and I think this is a good way to finally cross that one off. Also, I'd like to re-read Catcher in the Rye and Franny and Zooey. But it's all in the spirit of accomplishment and I'm sure there will be other things that will balance it all out.

The first book that I will finish will fall under the Megan/Lindsey/Miri category as we have all been reading The Enchantress of Florence by Salman Rushdie since this summer. I've got 30 pages left and will be moving on to read Forest Born by Shannon Hale which will either count as a YA book or a book I own but haven't read.

I really hope I can stick to this and get it done. I'm excited about branching out and also getting through the books I already own but haven't had the time or patience to read.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena