Thursday, January 28, 2010

Category Update

I'm thinking we should say the end of January is the cutoff for changing categories or else this could go on forever and ever. haha.

I changed my last category to fit miscellaneous books I come across. Maybe that goes against "the rules" but I like being a rebel.

Mostly, as I look for the books I have decided to read or as I read the books on my list, I come across others that look good. Some of them fit into a category and some of them probably won't. Since J.D. Salinger didn't write 10 books, I'm combining the last category. It's basically books I want to read that won't or can't fit in a category. The Narnia books will be in that category since they are books I've read several times before but I just wanted to read some of them again.

Also, J.D. Salinger died. That is sad. I love Franny and Zooey and Catcher in the Rye (Franny and Zooey first) but I didn't read them till I was in the middle of college so maybe that made a difference. I have been wanting to read his other stuff since I finished Franny and Zooey but I just haven't gotten to it. No better time than the present I guess.

I wrote this in a comment, but I'm thinking maybe Franny and Zooey as a MML book? Thoughts? Comments? Concerns?

2 comments:

mkgs said...

I haven't read Franny and Zooey, and I don't think I would be opposed to having it on the MML list. I've always meant to read something by Salinger but haven't gotten around to it; I started Catcher in the Rye last year and didn't get very far, I think because I was reading too many things at once. So that might be a good idea.

mkgs said...

Also, I don't think there necessarily needs to be a cutoff date for changing categories, because they're a little difficult to get all sorted out and I think that's okay. I don't think I need to change them anymore now, so it's kind of a moot point. But you know. :)

 
Designed by Lena