Monday, January 25, 2010

Three!!!

My count is up to three (almost four) completed books!

The Enchantress of Florence (Salman Rushdie)
Through the Wardrobe (an interesting collection of essays about The Chronicles of Narnia)
The Magician's Nephew (C.S. Lewis)

I have one CD left on The Silver Chair so that will soon be finished as well.

Another thing I started doing is keeping a journal dedicated to this year of reading. There was a paragraph in Enchantress that stuck out to me enough that I typed a note on my cell phone with the page number. I figured if I would do that, why not keep track of things like that so as to actually retain something from each book, whether I like the book or not. I also had some thoughts with the essays I read, some of which pertained to the religious symbols and whatnot in the Narnia books and a note about why I read (listened) to The Magician's Nephew again and what I thought of it this go round.

I also started my own rating system (1-10) so as I get more into books and genres I don't actually read as much, I can look back and quickly see what I thought of things in case I want to go with something similar or something completely different.

2 comments:

Lin said...

P.S. I just finished The Silver Chair. Four done in the month of January. Hopefully five if I can get through the second half of Forest Born as fast as I got through the first half.

mkgs said...

Yay Lin! Good work. Also, I think all of those ideas are great. It makes me want to go buy a small pretty journal and use it for that too, even though it would be silly because I already write what I think about the books I read on my blog. :)

I found the Narnia books on audio at the library! Very exciting.

 
Designed by Lena