Thursday, January 14, 2010

5 - 5 - 10

Having two small children, I know that there's no way I would get 100 books read in a year. Not without some serious neglect, which would lead to even more serious mommy guilt. But I think this is an awesome idea. So upon mulling it over I've decided that I'm going to try for 5 books in 5 categories in 2010. I'm pretty sure this is a goal I can reach without feeding my kids cold cereal for weeks or letting them repeatedly watch Thomas for hours at a time. If I do reach my goal, I might go for 5 books in 10 categories. We shall see.

So here's my list of categories:
1. Authors I've never read before
* Heat Wave (done)
2. Books I should have read, but haven't
3. Young Adult
I'm sure I'll come up with a list soon - there are a bunch I want to read
4. Comic Books (maybe this one is cheating, but I really want to read these!)
* Rapunzel's Revenge
* Calamity Jack
* Dr. Horrible
5. Books suggested by other people (since comic books is kinda cheating)
6. Books I've been wanting to read but haven't made the time
* The Host
* How to train your puppy

Obviously this needs some work because 7 is obviously not 5, but some of the books on the list could fall into multiple categories. And the "Books I should have read, but haven't" will probably be more difficult to read and will take more time, so a catch all category is probably a good thing. Anybody else want to try the "slimmed down" version of the 10-10-10?

2 comments:

mkgs said...

Yay for you, Lauren! Good job modifying it to fit what you can do. Also, there are no rules against cheating. :)

Meg said...

Yeah, if I find that being a student and reading this much isn't working, I'll totally do this version. :)

 
Designed by Lena