Thursday, January 28, 2010

Miri's Final Categories

I finally figured it out! My tenth and final category is going to be Series(...es). That is how the Narnia books will fit into the challenge; I'm just going to go back and read the first three now, so I can say I did them all in 2010 (I was going to do The Magician's Nephew now anyway since I haven't read that in a while), and then it will be counted. Plus, this fixes the problem in which I was concerned about there not being enough books in the challenge. So, my final categories are:
  • Award-Winners
  • Recommended
  • Adult Fiction
  • Foreign
  • Self-Improvement
  • Authors I've never read
  • Megan/Miri/Lindsey
  • Nonfiction
  • Books I Own/Unfinished Business
  • Series
That said, I would like to mention how much I love The Chronicles of Narnia. I first read The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe in second grade, and while I don't remember my first time reading the other books, I do remember reading the whole series over and over, countless times in my childhood. C.S. Lewis has such a beautiful way of writing, and--I know this is silly but it's a big thing for me--I just love the font in the versions I've been reading, and overall it was just a wonderful pleasure reading them again.

1 comment:

Lin said...

I'm a giant fan of the Narnia books. I like your new categories.

I was thinking about maybe putting another random C.S. Lewis book in the MML category as one of my choices. Also, maybe Franny and Zooey by J.D. Salinger. Have you read that one, Miri?

I have to rename my last category.

 
Designed by Lena